2021 is quickly drawing to an end. Although many things have changed, some things are returning to a new normal and live events are making a comeback.
The events in which IAMA participated or hosted in 2021 were very well attended, and many good contacts which will yield more resources for our missions in the future were made.
We have just one more event this year – the International Conference On Missions. There will be a number of mission organizations participating as we begin the kickoff of the “Unreachable No More” campaign. We expect close to 10,000 people to attend this November 18-21, 2021 event in Richmond, VA.
Planning is well underway for 2022:
- IAMA Conference March 23-25, hosted by Moody Aviation in Spokane, WA.
- Millington Airshow June 18-19, we have been invited to bring a missionary aviation display to the Millington Airshow in Memphis, TN. This is a major airshow with the Blues performing.
- EAA Airventure July 25-31 will be the normal EAA Airventure in Oshkosh, WI. We are planning on about 17 mission organizations being there. We think since last year was cancelled that people will be anxious to get out again to the show.
- Smoketown Mission Aviation and Technology Fair September 24-25 will be the Smoketown Missionary Aviation and Technology Fair in Pennsylvania.
- ICOM (International Conference On Missions) November 3-6 will be the 2022 International Conference On Missions in Columbus, OH.
Registration is now open for all of these events. If you wish to be one of the missions represented, please let me know ASAP as space will be limited on some events. The only registration not currently open is for the IAMA Conference. It will open after January 1, 2022.
If you know of other events that may provide a good opportunity for missionary aviation outreach, please contact me with information. As you know, we are lacking sufficient aviation personnel in all of our programs, which, at times, limits what we are able to do to take the Gospel to unreached peoples. So let’s use every opportunity to tell the story of missionary aviation and challenge individuals to get involved.
Please be in prayer for these events that God will use them to draw workers into His harvest!
Glen Ferguson – CEO
International Association of Missionary Aviation