IAMA CEO Update (Summer 2021)
I cannot believe summer is upon us. For some life slowed down during COVID but I sure did not see it. Yes, we all adapted but I did not see it slow down.
- Kako Camp in Alaska Let me start off with an urgent need. Kako Camp in Alaska has a need for some pilots to fly kids to camp from the bush. If you are experienced in a C-206 or a Cherokee 6 and can donate some time let me know and I’ll connect you. They need to have a commitment to stay at least 2 weeks, 3 or longer is better. There may also be an opportunity to fly a C182. This need is urgent so please don’t delay.
- EAA Airventure EAA Airventure is locked in and we will be there. We are planning on about 17 mission organizations being there. We think since last year was cancelled that people will be anxious to get out again to the show.
- Smoketown Mission Aviation and Technology Fair As many of you know the Smoketown Missionary Aviation and Technology Fair was postponed until the weekend of September 25-26, 2021. We are looking forward to getting back there as it is always a great opportunity to share what God is doing as several thousand people come out. Registration will open in June.
- ICOM (International Conference On Missions) November 18-21, 2021 will find us displaying in Convention Center Richmond, VA at the International Conference On Missions. They are expecting near 10,000 people coming to learn more about missions. All of our display space is taken at this time. We see this as a great opportunity.
- The Aviation Effectiveness Research (AER) The Aviation Effectiveness Research (AER) website, which was presented at the IAMA Conference, is rapidly nearing completion. It will be a resource and toolset for making knowledgeable decisions, aligning resources, and informing people about aviation use. IAMA members will be notified when the site goes live.
Please be in prayer for these events that God will use them to draw workers into His harvest!
Glen Ferguson – CEO
International Association of Missionary Aviation